Services provided at the Jericho Public Library:
The Jericho Public Library offers outreach services in the following ways:
- Downloadable audiobooks via Overdrive, Freading
- Books, magazines (Flipster), reference materials, and encyclopedias using Subscription Databases
- Applications for the Long Island Talking Book Library (a free library service for people who cannot hold, handle, or see well enough to read conventional print books). Once an application is submitted, materials are mailed to an applicant’s home.
Service for the Homebound
Are you homebound? Let us bring the Jericho Library to you! The JPL provides free postal delivery of library materials to eligible Jericho residents who are unable to come to the library due to a temporary or long-term disability. For further information and applications, contact homebound coordinators Angela Cinquemanni at (516) 935-6790, ext. 62 or click here for our Homebound brochure.
Services for Visually Impaired
Include but are not limited to:
- DVDs with Closed Captioning
- Audiobooks on CD and Playaway (portable digital MP3 Players)
- Large Type Fiction and Nonfiction
- Video magnifier (CCTV) and ZoomText software