Here are some of our favorite activities
Tour Around the World with 360-degree views!
Each video is short and worth watching! Turn the camera to get a 360-degree view!
- Watch penguins in Australia
- Ride a hot air balloon in Namibia. It’s loud in the balloon but quiet in the desert! Don’t forget to turn the camera so you’re looking at the view, not the people.
- Visit Kangaroos on a beach in Australia
- Go on a boat ride in Antarctica. Look at the ice in the water!
- Check out the lights on the Eiffel Tower in France.
- Look for animals on this African Safari! Giraffes are so tall!
The first writing challenge is up! And it comes with a prize. Every kid who tackles one of this week’s writing prompts and has a parent comment on this page that they’ve tried the assignment (or you want to send a screenshot of their work) will be entered to win an autographed copy of VIP. Each week I’ll pick a new book to give away and I’ll pick a winner at random on Sunday (U.S. only). Have fun!
Laurie Halse Anderson* is taking your questions!
YA novelist Laurie Halse Anderson is taking question on her books via Twitter & FB in hopes of starting a #QuarantRead book club.
Find her on Twitter (@halseanderson)
or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/lauriehalseanderson)
*Thank you to Renee McGrath from NLS!