JPL Phased Reopening Plan which begins on June 1st!
• Phase 1 – June 1 - Library employees return to work in a reduced capacity. Jericho Public Library patrons can start placing holds online so they can be ready starting June 8th. Staff only are permitted into the building.
• Phase 2 – June 8 - We begin lending materials via curbside pickup. Staff only are permitted into the building.
• Phase 3 – Modified opening of the building with “Grab and Go” for patrons. Limited number of patrons in building to select and checkout items. Social distancing in place. No other in-house services. Significant modifications of facilities may be implemented such as restrictions on public access, building use, etc.
• Phase 4 – Open to limited number of public but still with social distancing in place; some modification of facilities and no public events or gatherings.
• Each of these phases will depend on the status of the area metrics and the ability for us to safely offer services in the library.
Our book drops are open so you may return any materials you have checked out. All materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before being cleared and may not come off your record right away. All late fines are being waived.
We are happy to get back into the building and look forward to seeing you soon! Thank you for your continued patience!
Message from the Director
Due to the unprecedented pandemic situation, the Board of Trustees has passed a resolution to maintain the current budget and tax levy for the 2020/2021 fiscal year. Since there will be no increase to this year’s budget, it will help lessen the financial burden on the community, which is very important to us. In addition, there will be no fines until further notice.
While the library is closed, we are working very hard remotely to offer you many online, streaming and learning services as well as virtual programs for Children, Teens and Adults. Go to www.jericholibrary.org to access our Event Calendar for programs, ebooks, digital magazines and much more. We’re still here for you and looking forward to seeing you soon.
Christina Brenner, Director
Click on the link below for more information on: Local, State, & National information on the Coronavirus; How to: Access our online services; email us with a question; and check our homepage if you need a digital library card.