Getting a Library Card
How Do I Get a Library Card?
You may apply for a library card in person at the Jericho Public Library.
A photo identification and a second identification indicating your home address are required (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.). You may check out three books until the Library card is received in the mail. A yellow Preschool Program Registration card will be given to children from birth to 4 years of age. Children may have a library card when they are five years old. The child must be accompanied by a parent who shows the correct identification and proof of the child’s age (birth certificate or passport).
Who Is Eligible?
- Anyone who lives in the Jericho School District
- Children at least five years of age who live in the Jericho School District
- Teachers in the Jericho School District
(The principal must put the request in writing on letterhead)
- Employees of a business located within the Jericho School District
(The senior officer in charge of the company will be the cardholder and must put in writing on company letterhead that they will take responsibility for all items, fines and fees on this card)
- Caretakers who reside with a resident
(The resident must write a letter requesting a card for their employee stating that they will assume full responsibility for all items, fines and fees on this card)