The Jericho Public Library is pleased to offer the Flipster Digital Magazine Collection.
To access Flipster click here. If you are new to Flipster please follow the instructions below.
Flipster is an online magazine subscription service. Using Flipster you can access full publications on your computer, tablet or smartphone. The publications you have access to will be the same as if you were reading the print copy, including advertisements. You can search by title and keyword or browse by category.
Current Publications Available
|Bead & Button||Beanz||Bloomberg Businessweek|
|Bloomberg Markets||Car & Driver||Consumer Reports|
|Cooking Light||Cosmopolitan||Dr. Oz The Good Life (Quarterly)|
|Dwell||Food Network Magazine||Forbes|
|Golf Magazine||Health||HGTV Magazine|
|Kiplinger's Personal Finance||Lonely Planet Traveller||Marie Claire|
|Men's Health||Men's Journal||Money|
|Newsweek Global||O, The Oprah Magazine||People|
|Popular Science||Prevention||Real Simple|
|Scientific American Mind||Shutterbug||Sports Illustrated|
To access via a computer, tablet, or smartphone:
- Visit jericholibrary.org → Online Services → eMagazines → Flipster
- Enter your JPL barcode
- Enter your last name
- You are now logged in and ready to read
The Flipster App
The app is a “reader” for your magazines. You must first visit www.jericholibrary.org and follow the steps above to check out the magazines you wish to read. You cannot check out magazines through Flipster app.
How do you use the Flipster app?
- From your mobile device, visit the App Store or Google Play Store and search for ‘Flipster’ (Kindle Fire users see below)
- Download the free app
- Go to www.jericholibrary.org in your browser and select the magazine you wish to read as instructed above.
- Select ‘Open in App’ at the top of the page
- The app will open and your magazine will download. It will now be available for you to read in the app whether you are online or offline. It’s as simple as that!
How do I get the Flipster app for my Kindle Fire?
Follow instructions by clicking here
- Lending periods vary and are determined by the publisher of each magazine. If you need more time after the issue has expired, simply return to the Flipster page and re-download the magazine.
- Consumer Reports has back issues available from 2014. As with checking out current issues, back issues must be borrowed within the browser. You will be prompted to “Open in App” to download. To access back issues, open the most recent issue of a magazine in your browser and select the All Issues menu item in the right column to see all available issues.